About these songs
The tracks above are a small selection of the songs I’ve written to be performed in theatre productions and by choirs. All words and music written/performed by myself unless otherwise stated.
Songs for theatre
1. Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night. This song was written for I Kiss Your Heart, a theatre show written and directed by Soho Theatre’s Artistic Director Steve Marmion. It was originally sung by Grammy Award-winning vocalist Lady Rizo. On this recording, vocals by Sofia Stuart. Words, of course, by Dylan Thomas.
2. When That I Was and a Little Tiny Boy. Written for the RSC’s Shakespeare Song Competition in 2015. My song was one of seven winning songs which were performed at the RSC by members of the company. Vocals: Onur Sevigen. Words: William Shakespeare (from Twelfth Night).
3. The Weave of the Wave. Written as part of a new musical for the inaugural Swanage Fish Festival in 2015. Vocals: Sophie Cook and Onur Sevigen. Based on a story by Robin Hutchinson.
4. Silly Tilly (Song to the Sea). Written as part of a new musical for the inaugural Swanage Fish Festival in 2015. Vocals: Sophie Cook and Onur Sevigen. Based on a story by Robin Hutchinson.
5. Come Unto These Yellow Sands. From Gap Rep Theatre’s production of The Tempest. Vocals: Cordelia Rose Howard, Rebecca Hale Munro; flute: Rachel Weber.
6. Gullible Sly. From By Moonlight Theatre’s production of The Taming of the Shrew at the Rose Theatre, Kingston. Vocals: Sebastian Roughley.
Songs for choir
7. By Your Side. This was a commission from the Military Wives Choirs, written to commemorate the centenary of WWI. It has since been performed across the UK and in Canada by various Military Wives Choirs. Vocals on this demo: Sophie Cook. This arrangement: SSA and piano.